Brake Adapter Kit – 5 Adapters Domestic (Ring Style) (BAK5R)
The BA5KR “ring” style brake adapter kit is an economical, professional “domestic” vehicle brake adapter kit. The adapter rings/adapters are color coded to easily identify which vehicle they service. The kit includes one ring adapter core, 3-rings plus the BA01 and BA05 adapters to support for most Ford, GM and Chrysler vehicles.
Adapter part for:
Brake Service Tool (BST32 and BST64)
Other brake service machines using the “Tru-Flate” style connector
Individual adapters are available for sale as well.
Brake Adapter Kit – 5 Adapters (Ring Style)
|BA01||1||Chrysler Brake Adapter|
|BA05||1||Threaded Ford/European Brake Adapter|
|BA02R||1||Ford 2-Tab Brake Adapter|
|BA03R||1||Ford/Nissan 3-Tab Brake Adapter|
|BA04R||1||GM, Chevrolet, Buick, Ford Fusion Brake Adapter|
- Machined mounting tabs mount securely….instead of pins that loosen, fall out and slide off brake reservoir necks.
- One ring-style center core is shared with (3) rings to reduce adapter set cost
- Serrated, “easy grip” ring-style center core allows easier, increased sealing pressure compared to knurled center core
- Robust swivel connector eliminates fluid leakage and provides long service life
- Machined, “hard anodized” aluminum adapters are the most robust style adpaters and provide longer, trouble-free service life than plastic adapters
- Adapters are color coded to easily identify the correct adapter
|Dimensions||6.2 × 4.2 × 3.2 in|
FOR BRAKE SERVICE:
BRAKE ADAPTER OPERATION FOR BRAKE FLUID SERVICE:
① Remove the existing brake reservoir cap.
② Identify the correct adapter for the brand of vehicle being serviced.
③ Install the correct color coded ring on the ring adapter core and install the adapter on the brake fluid reservoir neck. Install the serrated core on the reservoir neck to seal the flat gasket against the top of the brake reservoir neck, rotate snuggly to create a pressure tight seal on the reservoir neck. For the BA01 probe style install the adapter on the brake fluid reservoir neck and tighten the serrated nut to seal inside the brake fluid reservior neck. Install and snuggly rotate the BA05 adatper to seal on the top of the brake fluid reservior neck.
④ If the brake service tool or machine can not easily be connected to the brake adapter swivel connector, consider using either the brake adapter swivel hose (BASH) or brake adapter 2″ extension (BA2X) to position the connector in a more accessable location.
⑤ Connect the brake service tool or machine to the brake adpater and open the valve to check for leaks.
⑥ Refer to instructions for the brake service tool/machine to perform the brake fluid exchange service. Use manufacturer’s recommended brake bleed sequence.
⑦ Test brakes when complete…..before moving vehicle.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.